Monday, May 5, 2008

Potty Training ...? Easy as 1-2-3

That's right, it was as easy as 1-2-3 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) Maya was potty trained in 3 days! I can't even believe how smart she is. I have been putting this off for months because I havn't wanted to deal with the stress, the mess, the time, the inconvience, and everything else that comes with potty training. But Maya made it so easy. We put her in a Dora swimming diaper on Friday (she loves Dora and we didn't have any pull-ups on hand) it only took her peeing on Dora once to realize that she wasn't suppose to do that. She didn't have any accidents the rest of the day. She had once accident on Saturday and that was it. She went all day Sunday and today with no accidents, what a good girl. She is still wearing a diaper at night and it's a good thing, she hasn't woken up dry yet. And she is still a little nervous about going #2 on the toilet, but I figure those things will come with time. We are so proud of her...

Here she is on the toilet.
She wipes all by herself

And she washes her hands all by herself, of course I have to turn on the water, she's not quite tall enough for that yet.

7 comments:

mena said...

Cute,cute,cute. Wow aren't you lucky Meg. It is so nice to have no kids in diapers!! Oh happy day!I am so glad that you updated I've been dieing to see what you guys have been up to.

Chalan said...

Wow! I'm impressed! That is so nice- I'm jealous. She is so cute!

DANIELLE HENDERSON said...

I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG TODAY.. HOW CUTE ARE YOU KIDS.. TELL KEVON I SAID HI.. LOOKING AT PICTURES OF HIM MAKES ME MISS HIM.... I HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOING GOOD WITH YOU GUYS...

Kim said...

I love that youvtook pictures of her on the toilet. She's going to love those when she's a teenager. Good job!

Hendry Family said...

Megan!!

I love blogging now. I am so excited Maya is potty trained. You are too cute and I am so glad that I know you. Thanks for being so great! Happy Mother's Day!!
Brianne

j e s s i e said...

I bet you are loving not having any diapers to change. I've heard girls are easier than boys to train. I'm glad it went well for you.

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

I am so proud of her too!!!